Wednesday, June 29, 2016

To New Beginnings!!!!!

Tomorrow is the day!!!!!!!.  My life as a resident of general psychiatry training is over.  Four years ago on this day, I was scared, anxious, excited, jittery, and so much more.  I was going to be an intern in one more day.  Oddly at the end of four years, I am still the same way because I am an attending physician after tomorrow.  The email from my new office, said something about my access to the EMR changing on July 1st, to reflect my staff status.  Wow talk about a reality check.

Graduation day has come and gone.  It was a fun evening with lots of laughs and tears.  Most of the tears were shed by me during my speech.  It was emotional and surreal but it was exactly what I expected out of that day.  

And in the words of Steve Jobs, " If today were the last day of your life, would you want to do what you are about to do?"

The fact that I can answer that question with an affirmative yes, is all because of where I trained and who trained me.  So this is a short and sweet good bye to my beloved mothership.  I have graduated from a traveler to the hands below deck status and I hope to make a difference.

Until I get situated again, hang in there for the adventures from below deck!!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment